Graphics Cards Sub Forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

-=B$=-

In Runtime
since there is all the talk about graphics cards i had an idea that i post this "sub forum" we use this forum for alll the graphics cards talk. (a lot easier than forums left and right about them) ill start it off.

what do you think about this card?????

GEFORCE FX 5700 ULRA 128mb
NVIDIA® CineFX™ 2.0 engine
256-bit graphics core
475MHz core clock
128-bit DDR2 memory interface
450MHz memory clock (900MHz memory data rate)
14.4GB/sec. memory bandwidth
1.9 billion texels/sec. fill rate
356 million vertices/sec. setup
4 pixels per clock (peak)
16 textures per pixel(max)with 8 textures applied per clock
Dual 400MHz RAMDAC's
Maximum display resolution 2048 x 1536 x 32 bpp at 85Hz
Flat panel display support with resolutions up to 1600 x 1200

GO ATI !! ;)

Personally, i feel that the video card you have shown is a good choice. I think it all boils down to personal prefference. If you like the Geforce line, go with it. If you prefer ATI then go with ATI. There's always going to be some kind of debate over which card/Mfg. is better.

hercules_upw said:
GO ATI !! ;)

Personally, i feel that the video card you have shown is a good choice. I think it all boils down to personal prefference. If you like the Geforce line, go with it. If you prefer ATI then go with ATI. There's always going to be some kind of debate over which card/Mfg. is better.

That's true to an extent but where gaming is concerned (and this seems to be where most mfg. debates occur or are raised) one card could very well be better than another, i.e. Nvidia vs ATI.
Take Battlefield Vietnam for an example, as a newer game and a real resource hog even on fairly high end systems. The game was designed around the Nvidia cards and optimized for Nvidia cards,
a nvidia driver was even included with the game, so many ATI
owners with high end ATI cards..9800 pro..XT were and still are
experiencing graphics problems in game and no support was even released with the first patch for the game at all for ATI users. On AtI's end..they released driver support to help for better game performance but it still didn't help a heck of alot.
The game still runs great with ATI cards but not as well as it seems to with Nvidia cards so software has a huge impact on how a card performs.

ATI AMD 4ever w00t!!!!!

seriosly tho ATi cards are weapons of mass benchmark destruction-- they beat out nVidia in almost every benchmark, and always come out on top for visual quality. AMD is the best proc too right now with the socket 939 athlon 64 3800+ and 939 FX-53 w00t! those things are 1337

ATI > Nvidia (right now anyway, Maybe the 6800 will change things)
Intel > AMD (for life)

Im thinking about getting a ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128, over the 9800XT, because you can OC the 9800 Pro 128 to pretty much the same as the 9800XT 256...and its alot cheaper...i read something on it a while ago, ill post it if i find it

EDIT:

http://thetechzone.com/computers.php?i=301&p=4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom