Graphics cards .. PCI-E so limited

Status
Not open for further replies.

faerghail

Solid State Member
Since I've decided to go with a mobo which will have PCi-E slots, It seems I have a very limited choice in graphics cards. I have a pretty low budget, so the best I' seemed to fit is the ATi x700 Pro 256 MB .. is this a good graphics card? I need a good graphics card to play games like HL2, Doom3 without any problems, and a very good framerate. what would be better around the same price, if applicable ?Is this a good choice? Thanks

Get the 6600GT. It is by far better than the X700 Pro and is in fact better than the X800 Pro in some cases. Its only $250.

PCIe are not that limited. There is a bunch of them:

Click here to see a whole list of them with different prices
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduct.asp?submit=property&DEPA=1

Ok, that link doesn't work and since I can't delete this post, I'll tell you what to do.

Just click on the link below for Newegg and browse for video cards. Under "Interface", select PCIe and you'll get tons of graphic boards that are PCI-e.

TRDCorolla1 said:
PCIe are not that limited. There is a bunch of them:

Click here to see a whole list of them with different prices
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduct.asp?submit=property&DEPA=1

Ok, that link doesn't work and since I can't delete this post, I'll tell you what to do.

Just click on the link below for Newegg and browse for video cards. Under "Interface", select PCIe and you'll get tons of graphic boards that are PCI-e.

you can delete a post by clicking edit, check the delete box, then clicking the delete button

6600gt for sure.. i got into half life 2 again 2day and played for about 5hours or so... I've got everything maxed.. Res, aa, reflection etc.. and I remember it jerking a bit once when about 50 of those explosive barrels exploded all around me LoL...
as
a 6600GT owner I totally reccomend it

I'm hopin to get one soon, but I don't know....depends on if I get my motherboard RMA'd :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom