Beta member
Comp Specs:
AMD Athlon 2500+ (1.83 ghz)
1 gig PC3200 ram
MS8147C+ Matsonic VIA Motherboard
Nvidia Geforce FX 5200 256mb 8x agp video card
Sound Blaster 2ZS gamer edition sound card
Windows XP Home Edition

All right, I've been getting an error on my computer, which I built myself. Once in a while, at completely random times, a blue screen pops up, and it freezes. The blue screen is filled with text, saying, summerized, that if this is the first time you've seen this, then go into safe mode, and uninstall drivers which you've installed recently. I've been seeing this error message ever since I've built my computer. At the bottom, it gives some numbers as followed:
0x0000007E(0x0000005, 0xF734E5C7, 0xF7C7E4E8, 0xF7C7E1E8)

I know that it's a problem with my video card because whenever I restart my computer from that blue screen, when windows load up, a window pops up and says "Windows has just recovered from a serious crash" and you can send or don't send error report, when I push send, and I fill out that info, it says that there's a vid card problem, and I should look at Nvidia's site. I also got the latest drivers for all my hardware installed.

Anyone ever experience this or know the solution? Thanks for reading.

On a Win98 system, i had a similar error while playing some video games. turns out it wasn't my video card that was bad but rather my memory sticks. If you have one spare, take out the memory that's in there now and swap it out w/ a known good one. Worth a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom