Graphics card combos??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makaveli_786

Solid State Member
Ive heard of people putting together two graphic cards to boost the performance of their PC and make the graphics way better than any single graphic card can produce...

Any thoughts on this and which would be the best card(s) to get hold if one wanted to do this?

nothing like that to my knowledge .. therez only one agp card in mobos nowadays and thatz more then enuff for even xtreme gamers or graphic designers ..

Well, I think youve heard of what people had to do many years ago with riser cards.

Back in the early 90's when 3D graphics were just appearing, 2D and 3D were not combined on the same card. 3D had the main card, while there was a 2D "riser" card that sat above the 3D card.

In the present, graphics cards have integrated 2D and 3D functions. No combining cards can be done anymore.

Makaveli_786 i think you might be talking about multiple monitors. if your video card supports multiple monitors you can save some money. if it doesn't you can buy another video card and hook up a second monitor to it.

this way you can be playing counter strike while writing a thesis on the evolution of pre-historic mammals on a second monitor. you can use a good agp card for the games and a cheap PCI card for low end 2D work, or have two high end 3D accelerator cards and ....well i think you get it.

windows supports dual monitor setups. i haven't tried 3 video cards, i'm not sure if thats possible for more than 2 monitors with windows 95/98/ME/2000/XP anyways. you will notice a decrease in overall performance though, unless you happen to have a multi-processor motherboard equipt with more than one CPU at about the same clock speeds....which i am sure you don't have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom