Which Graphics card is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zak1976

Baseband Member
Bearing in mind that this will be fitted to an older Athlon 650 PC.

Product Description Leadtek WinFast A180B T 128MB 8XAGP
Device Type graphics card
Interface Type AGP 8x
Graphics Processor / Vendor NVIDIA GeForce 4 MX4000
API Supported DirectX 8.1, OpenGL1.3
Video Memory Installed ( Max ) 128Mb DDR
Video Output 1x
Package Type Retail
System Requirements PII, III or equal, with 64Mb memory, AGP compatible

Or

Product Description POWERCOLOR RADEON 9200SE 128MB DDR AGP 8x
Device Type Graphics Card
Enclosure Type Plug-in card
Interface Type AGP v3.0
Graphics Processor / Vendor Radeon 9200/ATI
API Supported OpenGL,DirectX, DirectDraw, Direct3D
Video Memory Installed ( Max ) 128MB
Video Output D-Sub*1, DVI*1
TV Interface TV(S-Video+Composte)*1
Package Type Retail box
System Requirements Hardware: * Intel Pentium 4; AMD Athlon or compatible, *128MB of system memory; 256MB or more for best performance, * Motherboard with free PCI Express slot and correct PCIe chipset-driver, * CD-ROM driver (for installation software), * 300 watt of greater power supply recommended, Software:* Windows 98, * Windows 2000, * Windows XP, Monitor:* High resolution MultiSync or multi-frequency monitors or any other type of VGA monitor, * Digital flat-panel (DFP) displays or digital CRT display

Or

Product Description Chaintech MX4000 128Mb - TV - graphics adapter
Device Type Graphics adapter
Enclosure Type Plug-in card
Interface Type AGP 8X
Graphics Processor / Vendor 1 x nVidia MX4000
API Supported Microsoft DirectX - Full OpenGL 1.3 - DirectX8.0
Video Memory Installed ( Max ) 128MB (128MB) - DDR SDRAM
System Requirements Microsoft Windows 95, Microsoft Windows 98, Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition / Windows ME, Microsoft Windows 2000 / XP

Ya my MX440 kicked but for a long time , it even ran cs-source at an average of 40 to 60 fps , it didnt look all that great but it ran nice.

i dunno if an agp 2x slot would work...
i know 4x would but i think a 2x works on a lower voltage.

Echo_ said:
i dunno if an agp 2x slot would work...
i know 4x would but i think a 2x works on a lower voltage.

With that said,..Make sure you absolutely get the correct card to go with that board. It is possible to fry the board and card it you power them up, having incorrect voltages.

I'd get the Radeon 9200. I used to have a Geforce 4 MX and it did run great but I've heard that the Geforce 4 MX is just a massively overclocked GeForce 2. Wheather this is true or not I don't know. Also from the benchmarks I've seen the Radeon 9200 beats the hell out of the GeForce 4 MX. You should try to get a GeForce 4 Ti 4200. I hear their cheap now and the Ti 4200 would certainly out perform all the cards you listed. I've even heard that the Ti 4200 out performs the FX 5200. Your AGP port would hold you back greatly though.

The AGP port would notgreatly hold him back, even with a high peformance card 4x vs 8x has no affect on my benchmarking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom