graphic card or computer screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rahvin

Beta member
for months now, all the applications and programs running on my computer look out of focus, to the point that i can hardly make out the words in some windows. nothing has been changed since happier days when everything looked normal.

i'd like to know whether it's my computer screen's fault, or my graphic card's. is there any way to tell simply judging from these symptoms? can a graphic card deteriorate enough to equally affect all applications?

i also want to point out that very demanding applications such as games work fine, and in fact look much better than simple words on a .txt file, possibly because there the objects are bigger and less defined.

thank you for your help.

What is your graphics card? Have you got your latest drivers: if you have, try playing around with the settings...

DoomUK said:
What is your graphics card? Have you got your latest drivers: if you have, try playing around with the settings...

nvidia geforce. latest drivers should be installed. i take it you think it's more likely that my graphic card f*ed up?

Fair enough :)

When you get to your rig I'd install those latest drivers- that's presuming you're using Windows XP... What are the rest of your specs?

here are the rest of my specs. i installed the newest nvidia driver minutes ago, no changes. i'll try my monitor on a friend's computer later today.

Windows XP Professional Service Pack 1 (build 2600)

2.53 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4

8 kilobyte primary memory cache

512 kilobyte secondary memory cache

Board: ASUSTeK Computer INC. P4S8X REV 1.xx
Bus Clock: 133 megahertz
BIOS: Award Software, Inc. ASUS P4S8X ACPI BIOS Revision 1004 10/04/2002

Maxtor 6Y120L0 [Hard drive] (122.94 GB) -- drive 1
Maxtor 6Y120L0 [Hard drive] (122.94 GB) -- drive 0, s/n Y41VL6FE, rev YAR41VW0, SMART Status: Healthy 1024 Megabytes Installed Memory

NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4600 [Display adapter]
Samsung S/M 755DF [Monitor] (15.7"vis, s/n HJER109573, January 2001)

C-Media AC97 Audio Device
Creative Game Port
Creative SB Audigy 2 (WDM)
Logitech Microphone (Pro 4000)
Standard Game Port

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom