Got USB's !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruben

Baseband Member
Thanks u 2 guys on helping with my problem.What I ended up doing was pull my USB card,cleaned the contacts with an eraser an 1 is working! That's good enuff bcuz I have the 4 port USB hub to help out.I'm still not sure why the usb isn't working on the PC but I sure did learn alot from trying to fix the problem............thanx again.....Ruben

finally, you got it sorted out....how bout your scanner issues? we're you able to determine what was causing the error??

I had borrowed my sons scanner cuz it was self powered,I gave it back and when I got my usb going I installed mine, which has only usb connection,and it does work! Only thing is I can send a photo att. and all but when I scan to my computer I don't know where it goes too.I have checked all my files and can't find the pic I scanned but I just email it to myself and pick it outta the email. I also got my webcam to install thru the USB and it works fine...

thats good, glad you figured it out. what scanning software are you using?

you can just make a folder and set the software to place all scanned documents there. somehow,..its somewhere in the settings....

I use scan wizard 5,..and i just program it to direct every scan to a particular folder.

I HAD 2 DOWNLOAD THE SOFTWARE TO BE COMPATIBLE WITH XP AND IT DOESN'T ALWAYS INSTALL EVERYTHING .I HAVE DOWNLOADED SOFTWARE FOR MY DIGITAL CAM AND PRINTER AND SOMEWHERE THERE I READ THAT NOT ALL PROGRAMS WORK AND THEY DONT.HOW DOES WIZARD 5 WORK?

well, its very easy,....you have an advanced and easy mode. and just before you scan,..you can click the settings icon in its program folder , and you can configure just about everything....like file format,..where to place the file after scanning(what i mentioned earlier)..size of the file,..etc.

but i think its native to microtek scanners,..i not too sure if the program is compatible with your scanner

i'm sure your scanning software also has this feature

As I mentioned I downloaded the driver but no software came with it so I have to think of another way,I guess I'll keep doing it thru my email and it's ok.............thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom