good fan and heatsink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

phosho510

Daemon Poster
what is a good fan and heatsink. i was thinking about water cooling but i did not want to waste me time to set it up.
i am willing to spend at least 100.

no, i need a fan and new heatsink for my amd athlon 64 3200+
socket 939. but thanks for the suggestions

Try it with the retail heatsink and see how hot it gets (turn off b4 u hit 65 or lower) I would recomend a heat sink either all copper or a copper center with aluminium fins. The copper will obsorb and disipate the heat faster.

depending on ur motherboard i would get/ have got the thermalright xp120 with a ystech 120mm fan. it keeps my cpu to between 30 and 35 and ive got it running at 3500 speeds. :)

the cu7700 is supposed to be very good but its just as big as the xp120 but ive read the xp120 out performs it. but then again the zalman is cheaper. upto u really. i would get one of them two cos they are in a league of their own :)

On my XP 2800+ i have a Thermaltake Volcanoe 12, and that keeps it in the 40's while playing Doom 3 and Farcry

I recommend thermaltake xaser 7, I was skeptical at first with it, but it kicks ass with 6000 rpm and all copper heatsink, instead of that aluminum copper core shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom