Gigabyte vs Abit vs Asus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Todd0

In Runtime
So wich one of these three makes the best value for money motherboard that would be used in a gaming system, consisting of an AMD (sock 933) 64 3000+ , GF6600gt and 1GB DDR 400?

Out of them, Abit, but you may want to disregard the the AV8, as it has a couple of problems, but if you are lucky, and get a good one, they are extremly good.

MSI neo2 Platinum is a very good overclocker - for agp, so I would consider that one.

The best motherboards come from DFI now, but you will have to wait for agp, but the pci express ones are out now, and are well worth the money.

the Abit FATAL1TY boards are also good. However, they are only pci-express. And yes, the DFI Lanparty nForce 4 Ultra board is awesome.

those fatality boards are expensive though arnt they? how about Aopen, noticed them while i was looking at DFI, are they any good?

The brand names you should stick with are DFI, Abit, MSI, Gigabyte, and Asus (only if its an intel board)

Ive never owned a gigabyte board, so i cant vouch for them. However, they are known to good, all around boards.

Giga-byte are nicely built. They are very good for office working and playing games, not hard-core game though, ex. Doom3. And their customer support is EXCELENT :). For gaming, I recommend a DFI motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom