GFX Card Driver Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubius

Golden Master
I'm building a computer for someone and unfortunately the last damn thing to arrive is his graphics card and apparently FedEX sent it to the wrong facility so it's been delayed in getting here. I would like to start installing the OS on his system and my question was. Would it be aright to install the OS by putting an old nvidia based card in the case just until the OS is completely installed...no motherboard drivers, no graphics card drivers, no nothing...just get windows on the HD. His card is ATI based, so I wanted to make sure windows doesn't install any generic drivers for nvidia that would then mess up the drivers for the graphics card. What I'm hoping is that I can get the OS completely installed....pop out the nvidia...put in the ATI when it comes, then install motherboard drivers, graphics card, windows updates, etc...etc... Anyone think there might be a problem with switching out the cards like that or should it be fine since I'm not installing drivers?

Done and done. Worked like a charm, just thinks it's a generic card. No VGA drivers installed so I got the installation all set, just waiting on the right card to arrive =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom