Geforce ti4600 major problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

HonKee

Beta member
Hey. I have a nVidia geforce 4 ti4600 128 mb card .. Ive had it about a year now. And its ran perfectly from day 1. But one day games started freezing a bit. Then one day when i rebooted my computer when a game froze. And on the the flash screen (bootup screen) in the begining there were odd colors in it.. like red dots. And it will get to where it shows that windows xp is loading up. Then right when its about to start my monitor will go INACTIVE... So when i turn it off and let it sit for about a week it will work for a couple hours then do the same thing... It seems like it may be over heating. Because if i touch the card its so hot to where you cant stand to keep your finger on it. Does anyone know why this would all of a sudden happen?

k

or how to fix it? This tnt2 32 mb pci card im using now just doesnt do the job like my ti4600 did :(

Another possibility: dust! An excellent thermal insulator, will cause thermal problems in computers if thick enough. Open your computer up and give it a good cleaning; who knows, it might work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom