geforce fx 5700

Status
Not open for further replies.
If i were you i would have got the card i'm looking at its the GeForce FX 5700 128MB what you got was the 5700LE it has a slower clock speed than the regular card. Or you could check out TigerDirect.com cause they have the 5600 on sale for 50 bucks.

The GeForce FX 5700LE has a slower clock speed. It probably won't play new games very well, especially with decent graphics settings, in even less than a year. On the other hand, modern games don't yet utilize 256MB yet, so it will be a very long time before you need 512MB. If you want something that will last a long time, get the ATI Radeon X800 or GeForce 6800 Ultra.

Personally, I'm still running on a GForce FX 5600 256MB and it runs games just fine. I run HL, Farcry, WC3, Halo, Starwars Jedi Academy and Starwars Jedi Outcast.

Granted the graphics do need to be turned down a bit, but the game is still the same. You don't need to go out and spend $400 on the latest and greatest Vid card that will be outdated in about 3 months.

2nd generation cards work just fine for most games that have come out. Your 5700 should work just fine for gaming, even if it is an LE.

hmmmm... i'm dub thee le version thy LAZY EDITION! oh boy, how am i gonna tell my dad this one. i hope i can still turn it back in...

Umm i think it will hold you over fine i got my nvidia ti 4600 2 years ago to date and its held me over fine. That card will last until 64 bit. But most applications wont take advantages of 64bit so their will be no need in upgrading and no games will utilize 512 like said but rendering and video programs will utilize every bit of it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom