Geforce 6800GT or Radeon X800pro ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legit13

Beta member
As the topic, which graphic you will choose between Geforce 6800GT and X800pro.

I also have another questions about the manufacture of the graphic cards. Which brands is more reliable for geforce and radeon ?

thanks

this has just became very difficult to decide now as when two new chipsets arrived.

as I'm into too much of graphic cards, so this time i'll recommend nVidia 6800 series, only flaw it has is its bigger and it rquires 2 Power connectors. else nVidia came with brand new architecture this time.

as far as manufacturer is concerned, ATI as well built themselves the cards. so Best is to get theirs, else in both, you can go with ASUS

yea.. check out ravin's thread (with the poll)... that might help u decide if u read everyones posts

I would get a 6800 GT because it supports SM 3.0 and has 16 pipelines like the 6800 Ultra and the X800 XT , while the X800 Pro has 12 pixel pipelines and doesn't support SM 3.0 .In the reviews I've seen comparing them they are on th same level , although in many areas( Open GL and DirectX) it out performs the X800 Pro more often than the Pro out performs it in many games they play at both equal fps though . Well, in my thinking if something is at the same or greater performance level and costs less and supports more advanced features there isn't a question of what I would buy . ATI cards are quality cards and are by no means cheap and deffective and last , but if you want cards that are known to last for a long time then that's another reason to get Nvidia . Did some research and saw that only the ultra version hs two power connectors , while the 6800 and 6800 GT only require one power connector .:)

thats y i recommended nVidia (shader Model 3.0) unique to this beast. + nvidia is solid company, if ATi came with some flagship in past, doesnt measn that ATi remains on TOP.

Proessionals use nVidia. weather they are gaming or graphic work, by the time I bought my ATi, 6800 wasnt released, else i would have gone forthat, also, nVidia's last series FX, wasnt good that much.

I have the 6800 GT, my some people i know have x800 pro's and 9800's and mine beats them on the benches will relativley similar pc specs. The 6800 on takes one power connecter though...

u sure it takes one power connector? or u r talking anout that new power connectors that joins in 2 molar connectors.

as nVidia designed this new board, with special connector, that takes in 2 molars.

The Ultras take two all other 6800s take one power connector . The PCI-E form of the 6800 GT takes a special type of molex connector .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom