ComputerNoob

Beta member
My actual PC configuration is:
-Pentium III @ 733Mhz w/ intel proccesor
-Memory: 512.0 MB of Ram
-Hard Drive: 60GB 7200RPM
-Graphic Card: 3dfx Voodoo3 2000 (16MB)
I want too improve my computer graphics. I play copmuter games
Would I see an improvement if I replace my graphic card with a Ge-Force 4 Mx 440? (I can get one for $50)

PS: Can you make any suggestions if have to change my hole computer or what graphic card would work on an architechure like this one

Hmmm, not to trouble you or anything but Doom 3 runs like crap on my old 1.7p4 with a geforce 4 ti4600 and that caused me to upgrade to a 3.2ghz p4 (on order now) so I suggest that you upgrade the entire machine if you can afford it. If not, then I would still not go with an MX. Go with a ti 4400 the price keeps going down and since the Geforce FX 5900s are coming out you should bealbe to get one really cheap.

My suggestion would be to just save up for a whole new comp. about $1000 or so will get you almost top of the line gear. If you can.

Buying a GeForce4 Ti 4200 (~$110-120) would quadruple the machine's theoretical performance, however, the processor will always be what is holding it back.

A lower-end Athlon XP (1800+), as well as a motherboard and a stick of 512 MB DDR RAM can be bought for about $120-150 more.

if money is not an issue,..then i suggest get or build a new computer.

if you're stuck with a budget, and you can't wait to play new games in your pc,..then go ahead and buy the mx440.

BUT!!!!!...but,..if you can wait and save up,..then i'll do just that. processors, mobos, garphics,and other components ...are gettin cheaper and cheaper every month or two....its your call buddy.
splurge on a an ok graphics card right now,..or save up and buy or build that ultimate rig!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom