friends computer still not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark_Sniper*

Fully Optimized
ok i tried doing with the windows cd the repair but cant do it. know when it boots without a cd it screen goes into a black witha little white thing flick on and off. but also he is using a 230 psu and he has a vga 9800se so im also thinking besides somthing wrong that the psu is too weak for his computer.

To test the problem fully, unplug anything and everything that is not necessary to the basic boot up of the computer, and that will help to eliminate any hardware issues.

I am assuming that your trying to restore a current windows installation, if that doesnÂ’t work I'd backup anything of importance and reformat. I would also get a better PSU.

Am I correct in assuming though that youÂ’re having a software issue here? Or is there hardware involved also? (With the exception of the PSU.)

-GrayWolf

no its not a current windows installation im trying to hook up windows on this computer he just made it.

So he just built his PC?

I would look at the BIOS to make sure that his hard drive is detected and that the boot order is CD ROM first then the Hard Drive...

Make sure the XP CD is in the CD ROM drive when you boot up.

-GrayWolf

yea ive done that but its comes up that its has a error after it does the boot with the windows pro disk. and then it wont work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom