frequency band, 5 GHz, is it worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildside

Hellfire!
im curious about this n am looking into it, but my dad wants to stick with the old Netgear 108 Mbps Wireless-G router, which has 2.4GHz.

what is the point of the dual-band thing anyways? What performance increase or connection difference is from 2.4GHz?

im looking into the best 108 Mbps or higher wireless adapter of any kind that has THEE best connection that will NOT go on or off because i will be gaming online. Plus, i will be able to move my computer to my room, yay!

What ever you do, don't go to wireless N yet, it is still in draft form, and it has no set standards yet... Atleast it was still in draft when I checked awhile back...

What ever you do, don't go to wireless N yet, it is still in draft form, and it has no set standards yet... Atleast it was still in draft when I checked awhile back...

aint happening anytime soon unless i buy one with wireless N myself. From what i read on newegg, Netgear has the worst drivers for their wireless adapters.

im interested in getting this one:

Newegg.com - LINKSYS WUSB300N IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, Draft IEEE 802.11n USB 2.0 Wireless-N Network Adapter 256-bit WEP, WPA and WPA2 Encryption Security - Wireless Adapters

any others ive read have worst problems. Any recommend products? I dont mind some from ZipZoomFly or Fry's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom