folders wont open

Status
Not open for further replies.

raiden_nrl

In Runtime
Hey.. it has been a while.. and i have a problem... my folders wont open anymore.. it will have that hour glass popup for 5 seconds then it will go away and the folder will not open... and when i shutdown the computer (never happened before) a "Sysfader" allways has to get the task ended. May i mention that all the applications work fine as long as you can get to them. It wont even let me into "my computer" folder.

so when you go to shutdown your computer, sysfader has to be shutdown manually?? Maybe try to end that task when you first start up and see if everything works. I remember i had this problem once but i just restarted and everything worked fine...

It actually sounds like theres a problem with your explorer, like maybe your explorer is a bit buggy or something. I would look at any programs you have installed lately and see about uninstalling them (and check if it works). If that doesnt work try updating your O/s, and if that doesnt work maybe a reinstall is on the cards??

ANyway sorry i cant be more specific about all this. Good luck anyway

I did a google search on it, and found someone who said that it could be caused by a trojan virus. Have you run a virus scan lately?

Someone else said that this is supposedly a known problem in IE6, and is fixed in a later hotfix. Next question, then, is your system updated? They were kind enough to provide a microsoft link. I know it says problems when you open email message, but at the bottom of the page it says it affects all version of IE6.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;828133

hmm well thanks for the help guys. I downloaded the Spybot in the downloads section here and ran it and it said i had 172 spyware applications. I ran the fix and everything works now... i am guessing my explorer was over loaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom