floppy disk no ID address mark found

Status
Not open for further replies.

MistyMina

Baseband Member
Ok, I've googled this problem endlessly, but can't seem to find an answer....it seems a common problem, but no-one has a solution!!!

Right, I put the disk into the drive, get an instant error message of A:\ is not accessible. No ID address mark was found on the floppy disk

When I try to format the disk I get the following error message Windows cannot format this drive. Quit any disk utilities or other programs that are using this drive, and make sure that no window is displaying the contents of the drive. Then try formatting again.

There must be someone who knows about this problem and how to resolve it!!!!! .....?!

Any ideas welcome!!

Thanx
xxxxxx
Mina

yup! I've tried three different disks, and the same thing happens with all of them! :(

xxxxxx
Mina

lol, kwik fix eh?!
I've had this pc for nearly four years, and today has been only the second time I've tried using the floppy drive!!!! (I wanted to make a password back up disk!!) Surely the drive can't be busted if it's nigh on never been used? Maybe it just got ticked off waiting around to be used n has decided I waited too long?!! lmao

Could it be anything to do with the actual disks themselves?

xxxxx
Mina

Ok, I'll check the cables tomorrow, what exactly am I looking for? Loose connections, bent pins etc?

(And sort of on the same subject, how come I can't create general backup and password backup disks on cd using the XP backup program?.....two questions for the price of one, bargin!!! lol)

xxxxx
Mina

yes, loose connections, connected backwards, pins, anything else. Also check the mobo's side of the cable.

What error do you get when you try to backup?

I tried backing up using a cd a week or so ago, and it gives you the option to choose which drive you want to use, so I chose D:\ (my cd drive) and got an error saying that the drive wasn't supported or couldn't be found or something similar! That was when I resorted to using the floppy drive for the first time ever, and it worked!!!
When I tried making the password backup today and found the floppy drive was playing silly beggers, I checked to see if the D:\ drive was an option, but only the floppy and my camera card reader drives were shown & it didn't give the option to browse drives.

Does that make sense?!!! lol

xxxxx
Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom