Flashing Lights when 'Power' Button is Pushed

Status
Not open for further replies.

poikilia

Beta member
I have a HP Pavilion 8140... when I attempt to turn it on the green light on the front and four keys on the keyboard flash. Nothing else happens. Might anyone know what this problem is and also how to solve it? TIA

flashing

The lights flash repeatedly and relatively fast... nothing from the monitor... nothing at all except the five flashing lights....

Well you may want to check the site hp.com. I know on some of the newer compaqs which HP now owns they have incorporated post diagnostics in which will flash the keys on the keyboard along with beep codes. Oops, i just checked in HP.com and your system was built in 1997. Kinda old for a pc these days. It could be anything. When it is flashing all of these lights does the power supply fan spin. You may want to take the case off of the pc and see what all is working while you try to power it on. Check and see the Power supply, Hdd, and Cpu fan all are spinning while the lights are flashing. My first guess is probably the powersupply.

I agree with tech4hire, check you psu, see if the fans are turning, that will tell you if your getting power or not. Next check your ram, see if it seated properly. If it is not you noy boot up either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom