First Computer Built!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubba0315

In Runtime
I just built my first ever computer, and am loving it. It is a HUGE improvement from 98, 8 gig hd, and 256 ram, p2, (didn't even know what the mobo was.) Well, the specs are in my sig, so it might not be the best, but it is good enough for now.

And surprisingly enough it was an easy, unpainful, and pretty fun experience. To know I created something so awesome, and it works great!

Mike

No, it's only 1.8, but I got a mobo that would work with a 3.5, so I can upgrade soon when the prices go down. It was around 700. But that was without the gfx card, and xp.

I was thinking of overclocking to about 2.5 or so, but I don't wanna burn it up, and be without a comp for a while, until I can afford a better cpu.

Mike

i didn't know there was a p4 1.8, is it a celeron? good deal on the mobo, way to think ahead, smart.

There is a p4 1.8, becuase it's in my computer right, now, lol! It's not a celeron, and it's not going to be with me for long, I'm currently saving for a 3.4 or maybe 3.6 (800 MHz)

Mike

damn dude thats a bit pricey considering it didnt come with the video card i built my Techer a mega super gamming system with a gig of ram amd 3200+ 9600XT all the good stuff for only 600$ i mean not that much of a price dif but for the performance dif you couda chose another path

bubba0315-you done good, sounds like a great system and you did a fine thing for yourself building it. I wish you the best and many years of good computing with your new system.

BxSlipSk8718 said:
damn dude thats a bit pricey considering it didnt come with the video card i built my Techer a mega super gamming system with a gig of ram amd 3200+ 9600XT all the good stuff for only 600$ i mean not that much of a price dif but for the performance dif you couda chose another path

I don't know the exact price, becuase I payed 500, and my parents split the rest for my birthday, so w/e. When I upgrade, it'll be awesome, I got the essential goodness. I'll upgrade video card, another 512 of ram, and better processor. And since it's my first "self-built" rig, it's damn good to me!

Thanks Marvel.

Mike

Dont save for a 3+ Ghz, go for a 2.8e and overclock it, its really easy. If your good you could reach 3.4 on air, maybe higher.

I'm not sure I want to overclock, and risk burning it up. I think I'll be fine with 2.8 or higher, but I'm not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom