FINALLY PC boots, but no input in moniter...again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quintox

Daemon Poster
SUCESS!! I told ya guys my mobo wasn't fried! My old PSU was fried, and I got a new one today. I tried to boot it up, nothing. Ends up I had my cmos jumper on the wrong setting which is why it wouldn't boot.

OK, one down, one to go.

Now I am having the ol problem of it not detecting my AGP card. When I say not detecting, I mean the moniter shows "no input". I know the card works, but just in case I might try another agp card (It'd have to be shipped to me though).

Sooo, PCI card works, comp POSTS. Would anything in BIOS get the agp card to detect? I get beeps when the agp card is in, 1 long beep, followed by 8 short.

Would putting in PCI card, loading up bios, enabling AGP card work? Or if not, would loading/installing windows then updating bios work?

Or would maybe my HDD not installed properly, would that do anything w/ agp?

Would those one pinners mean anything? I have reset SW, power SW, and the leds plugged in. I don't need all that other crap, do I?

That beeping means its not detected. Did you check to see if the bios is loaded in the graphics card? (use onboard video)

i dont have onboard, but i do have a spare PCI card, which does boot to POST..unlike the agp.

Argh this sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom