A few questions about my AGP Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcslave

Baseband Member
Hi,

Can any one tell me what type of AGP (ie AGP 1x 2x etc)
My graphics card uses it is a GeForce 2 MX/ MX 400 32MB and what kind of card i should be able to upgrade to.

Also i'm not sure what kind of AGP port i have on my motherboard. Can i use an AGP 4x or 8x card in this slot even if it were say 2x

THankyou.

We need to know what kind of motherboard you have or the Sytem brand .Im Guessing your motherboard supports 2x 4x

Yeah you can't base what kind of card you want to upgrade with based on your current card. From the sounds of it though you should probably look into upgrading your motherboard as using an 8x card in a 4x or even 2x environment would just kill it horribly. I tried putting an 8x FX 5700 card in my ASUS board which has 4x and the computer froze everytime, but that coulda been a fluke incident

i dont now what kind of motherboard i have

my sytem was bought from gateway in late 2000

how can i find what kind of mobo i have

Well you don't have PCI-E, that's for sure.. However you could have an AGP slot. You should download SiSandra, and see if you can't find the information listed. If you have an AGP slot SiSandra should list it under the PCI/AGP Cardbus, buses information modual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom