Fans and slow computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paradigma

Beta member
I have AMD-K6 3dnow prosessor. I just bought some more memory 64mb ----> 192mb, and I think my computer is just slower than it used to be. There has been error like "Hardware monitor found an Power error, chech power management for details" or something like that and I think that is the main problem. When checking Power management there is 3 fan speed meters. One works correctly, other one has error "[err]" and 3rd is "ingore", and if I try to change it there is that same error.

So what is this? I checked fans and they seemed to work. Atleast they weren't stopped or anything. And yes, I cleaned fans with vacuum cleaner :)

Thanks and sorry about more and less bad english. I hope you understood.

Many many many many many many many years ago when I had my AMD K6II 233, I did not notice that when the fan is about to $#!+ itself* , your computer preformance will decrease.

2 common signs for the fan $#!+ing itself is :-
. a. too much dust in the heat sink. Which you can clean out.
. b. as you watch the fan spin around, you can actually make out the words COOLER MASTER on the center on the fan. Which you are best you to replace the fan.

After doing one or both of those things, i did notice that my AMD K6II 233 performance did improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom