failed to perform a drawing operation

Status
Not open for further replies.

gomer555

Baseband Member
i just installed a bfg tech 256 ddr ram geforce fx 5500 agp card into my new sony vaio. it had a radeon 9200 with 128mb in before i put this one in which worked fine. ive posted before about the problem with my video card and i called bfg tech and they told me to get a new power supply, i did but it didnt solve the problem. anyway, the problems are that i get locking up for up to 10 seconds in the middle of some games (quake3 doom3 unreal 2 etc) then it will return to normal gameplay. ive also noticed that sometimes the computer will lock up, and restart in mid game, then when windows reboots i get this failed to perform a drawing operation error and it says that the culprit seems to be the geforce driver or something to that extent. now i know its not a display driver problem, because ive uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers many times and ran driver cleaner many times on top of that. does anyone have any idea why this would be happening, if so, how can i fix it. thanks.

have u uninstall software came from ur radeon 9200? if no, they could be some conflict or something

Aren't most BFG cards overclocked? I could be wrong, but it could be a heat issue. If the card craps on you because it's too hot, then the computer could think that the driver is bad.

today, core and memory speed of graphic card are really so so so so fastttt. so no wonder they overheats easily although they are equipped with good cooling system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom