External Enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

almightyobo

In Runtime
Need a little help deciding on which exclosure to get. Ive been told Icy Docks are the way to go so I narrowed it down to a few that I am considering:

Newegg.com - ICY DOCK MB559 Series MB559US-1S Aluminum body w/ partial plastic 3.5" eSATA & USB 2.0 External Enclosure - External Enclosures

Newegg.com - ICY DOCK MB559 MB559UEA-1S Aluminum body with partial plastic 3.5" USB2.0 & 1394 External Enclosure - External Enclosures

Newegg.com - ICY DOCK MB559US-1S-B Aluminum body with partial plastic 3.5" USB 2.0 & eSATA External Enclosure - External Enclosures

They all do essentially the same thing.. but they have so many diff models I dont understand the difference between them. Any first and users out there got any suggestions?

Also it will be housing this for most of the time:

Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

Well out of those 3, which connection are you giong to be using? First one is eSATA and USB, 2nd is USB and firewire, 3rd is USB and eSATA again.

Well, the only difference between the first and third one is the color and the price. Same otherwise.

Personally, I would get the middle one. But that's because both my computers have firewire capabilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom