expansion bus

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlr

In Runtime
hi im doin my coptia a+ at moment and one of my questions is to breifly summarise the advantages and disadvantages of each of the different types of expansion bus ive done isa,mca, eisa,and vesa but i cant seem to think of any disadvantages to vesa pci and agp any one ne ideas pls thanks in advance

mlr, first of all, i don't want you to get me wrong... i'm glad you're posting in the appropriate forum, but this isn't really the best type of forum to post your question.

I remember you posted a similar question a couple weeks ago... I gave you a couple of links to check out. They are both geared towards people studying for A+/ various other exams and will give you much better responses. Did you read any of those links i gave you? Did you even try??

Its been a long time since I took my A+ certs, but I believe what they're looking for w/ that question is this.

PCI: Its a shared bandwidth for all of your PCI slots, so the more expansion cards you have in and are using at the same time, the slower the access/use times will be.

AGP: The downside of this is backwards compatability. Since its a completely new interface, you're older PCI cards won't work if you only have an AGP slot. (I know it sounds dumb, but that's what a lot of this test is... remembering stupid junk that you won't hardly use in your professional career).

thats what i thought it just seems stupid to be learning about stuff youll probs never use

mlr said:
thats what i thought it just seems stupid to be learning about stuff youll probs never use

Some of it is and some of is is NOT. I took the OS portion recently and i can tell you from first-hand experience, CompTIA is moving away from the static fact memorizing questions to more troubleshooting questions. As such your knowledge should be geared towards digesting the knowledge and understanding how the various aspects tie in together.

its got to be said i seem to learn a lot more off this site than from my course it seems to miss quite a lot of info out i realy wish id looked around before diving strait into this course its completly home based and i find it realy difficult getting it all in my little brain also you dont no what to learn more of in the course as i dont have a clue whats going to be in the exams do you realy need to know what every irq adress is for and its io adress also all the conecters and ports db9 male etc how much info do you realy need to know

mlr, you are NOT doing yourself any favors by just "winging" it.

You need to A) download the A+ objectives which you can find at CompTIA's website and B) get a good book from the library or bookstore to help you study each chapter thoroughly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom