Ergonomic mouses (mice?) suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReikokuKo

In Runtime
Hi all,
I've been getting some pain in my mouse hand as I sit in front of my computer a lot. Right now I am using the Microsoft IntelliMouse.

Who uses which mouse with the best effects? I know it will vary from person to person but I would like to get a ballpark figure.

I am very seriously considering a pen mouse (i.e. Wireless Ergonomic Pen Mouse). It looks like fun but my only concern is its use for games. I play RTS games (pretty mouse intensive) and this may be a long shot, but has anyone used a similar device for gaming? How did it work out?

I can't recommend any mice in particular, but I can recommend that you get a mousepad with a gel wrist rest. They greatly improve the ergonomics of using a mouse.

I was reading about those and from what I understand, the proper posture for using a mouse would be pivoting from the elbow and not the wrist. A wrist rest isolates your hand and makes it so that you have to operate the mouse from your wrist.

I have looked at products similar to Fellowes Easy Glide Gel Filled Wrist Rest Mouse Pad™, Black/Black | Staples®
Basically has a wrist rest that moves with the mouse. Has anyone used this or anything like it?

I have to put in a US ZIP code to be able to see that page. Seeing as I'm in the UK, I can't really help :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom