Erasing Partition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ag3

Fully Optimized
I am about to install Linux to try it out. If I don't like it - Could I erase the partition to erase it?

Is there a way to uninstall it? I am downloading SuSE Linux Personal 9.1

T H X in advance! :D

I think linux has to be installed as Fat32...i could be wrong but if the drive was previously NTFS you cannot install linux because the FAT32==>NTFS change is permanent.

No no no...suse you pick the partition or create one in the installation, if you dont like suse...then just delete it! (Partition) You have to configure a dual boot if you are going to run dual boot though.

hmmm... GameGuru, if you don't mind, can you explain to me how to run a dual boot? This is going to be my first time using Linux, so lost!

Thx. :)

by the way, I just noticed you are running a Athlon64 3000+ on the Pro (64-bit) version. How is it? Are u now using the full potential of your CPU?

I havent got support for my video card hehe. Well when you install Linux there should be a tab that says "Boot". OH! make sure you have a partition empty and ready and that you have a boot and swap. The boot partition has to be in the same place as the Windows boot. So if it is on partition C: then but the linux boot partition in C: . Bleh. Back to the boot thing. Click on it where you setup all of the features of the OS. Then Edit the GRUB file under the windows area to say "rootnoverify" something along those lines. I know that probobly isnt going to be the magical fix...but i tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom