emachines m6805 issue...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonjon

Beta member
I posted this in a previous forum on here accidently. I hope this is the correct area. Thank you.

I purchased the m6805 last year on feb 6th. A few weeks ago, my screen started to freeze up, beep, than tell me that my ATI2DVAG.EXE driver was not responding to the computer. I de-installed and re-installed many times. Than about a week ago instead of the computer just popping up the error and going from high res to low res, it would go to the blue screen and tell me that the ATI2DVAG.EXE driver was in an infinite loop and the system would shut down for safety reasons and stated it did a physical memory dump. I contacted Emachines and ATI...no such luck... ATI said to contact emachines and emachines told me to de/re - install the drivers. I finally decided to back up my data WITHOUT purchasing a dvd writer (terrible mistake!) and on Saturday I backed up my images, audio, docs, emails, and such... took roughly 18 hours and 48 cd's. After I loaded a fresh copy of Win from the restore disks the computer went to restart... and after the logo hit the blue screen that had a physical dump deal on it and than locked up. I re-installed win again... same thing... even when I click safe mode... Emachines said they will look at it for $175 or something and if it needs a new motherboard roughly $300.

Any suggestions? can I puchase a motherboard elsewhere and have someone get my computer running? My computer to me is like a car to a taxicab driver... but I do not want to purchase a new one as it is in mint condition and worked great ....

When the error displays during normal use, the screen quality goes from high to low res. I can still use the computer after I restart and than de-install all of the ATI software and drivers. It is than in low res and somewhat slow but allows use.

Would the RAM affect this? Also, the vid chip is attached so I would need a new motherboard. Can I purchase one of equal quality or better and just pop it in? or have a local tech prep and install? I really dont want to send it out for repair for two weeks...

Thank you.

Jonathon
j@enelson.com

i was told the vid card is attached to the mobo so i would need a new mobo. i am curious since it is out of warranty (by 3 weeks) if there is a better board i can purchase and have it installed. i would prefer to just cut and paste a new vid card... if ya know what i mean. thx

JN

I am sorry to say but this sounds like a video card problem. You will have to replace the mobo.

This is since you have reinstalled XP many times and you get nowhere.

Yeah, basicly all E-machines are integrated. I suggest never ever getting another one. It could be your video card. I would try completely rebooting your system. Using your recovery disk. Of course you would lose data, so saving it someway would help.

This helps if their is a real big inside problem. Rather then a hardware problem. I have done it plunty of times. If your going to get a new mobo, then you might want to think about upgrading over all. Im sure you have some type of celeron. Maybe getting a 2.6ghz Intel, and 512mb of RAM. Thats if you have the money.

i have reinstalled win with the recovery disks... it uses ghost. no cigar... still bad and loops now when restarted. i have contacted some places but they all state the same thing... need to send to emachines... i do not know what mobo would be "physically" replaceable... even if it is a better, upgradeable mobo. everyone states that the mobo needs to sync with the hard drive and stuff... I am not that tech knowledgeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom