Ebuyer DDR 400 Ram - Is this the route of all my problems ? You Decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

braduk2

Beta member
Hello, 6 weeks ago i bought all the part for a system from http://www.ebuyer.co.uk I bought a;

PC Chips motherboard, Ebuyer DDR 400 512 Ram, Ahtlon 2500+ Hitachi 80gb HDD and all the other required parts for a system eg Keyboard and Case.

3 weeks previouse, i had a problem with a stick of Ebuyer DDR400 512 Ram so i sent it back, they agreed it was faulty and replaced it.

(Just like to ad i have been building computers for a couple of years now, i am no certified expert but can usualy sort out most issues and build good systems.)

I built this new system and before i could install windows XP i was having problems with the ram, "Page fault in non paged area" the same problem i got with the other fault stick.
I also turned of BIOS video shadowing as i know this can also cause the same problem.

Right away i sent it back and they once again replaced it with another stick of Ebuyer DDR 400 (Even thought i asked them to replace it with DDR 333, how incompatant !)

The replacement ram come yesterday and now i am not geting that error, BUT, i was unable to format the HDD in the windows instilation, it said the disk my be corrupt

So i took out the hard drive and put it in my computer, it worked fine. I also did a low level format, reset the master boot record and did a normal format, each time working fine. I even installed windows onto the drive - worked fine (In my computer).

But when i take it out and put it in the computer with the (What i belive to be) faulty ram, it does not work, when i try to re install windows it says the drive is fault, even after i installed windows onto the drive from my own computer it still does not read from the drive.

The furthest it gets is "verifying DMI pool data". Then the system hangs and does not do anything else.

I know this can be cause by the floppy disk drive not being connected properly, i have checked this, i have also disconnected it, and i have also cleard CMOS a number of times.

In my opinion it cannot be anything else, please someone prove me wrong and put my out of this pain.

Do you think that it could be anything else apart from the RAM ?

Tnx

(I will never use ebuyer again, in the past 2 months i have had to return 2 sticks of faulty ram - this will be the 3rd if im right, and a hard drive. I asked to replace the ram with DDR333 i was ignored !)

This is the email i sent them :

This product is once again not working this is the second time i have had problems with the product.

Could you please replace it with Ebuyer 512 DDR333 as i have lost confidence in DDR400 ram as i have had problems before.

Could you also send it asap as the parts i orderd are for a system which i still have not been able to build due to a faulty hard drive which i have also returned.

Could you offer me some kind of compensation as within the last 2 months I have had to return an Asus Motherboard, a Hitachi Hard Drive and some Ebuyer 512 DDR400 ram. This is the second stick i need to return and it is costing me to send the components back and it is not my fault they do not work !

Regards

This is the response i got, TOTALY ignoring all questions :

This item was tested and found to be faulty. A replacement item will be sent to you when this RMA is closed.

Long post i know but needed to get it all of my chest !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom