dying computer parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcsavageboy

In Runtime
what are some signs of a dying computer. ive had fan failures boot problems and problems in windows. are these some signs?

Yes they are some signs of potential hardware problems. They are also signs of software and OS problems. I think you need to be a little more specific on what problems you are having and what you have done so far to try to fix them.

ok umm more of the specifics:

my internet is really slow while browsing on one os while its fast on another. (same computer, diffrent hardrives and xp installs.)
it also loses connection after awhile on one version of xp.

upon start up it sometimes doesnt detect either of the hardrives and have to restart.

i also cant see hard drives in windows.
http://techist.com/showthread.php?threadid=55281

ive also gone through two cpu fans.

hope this helps. thanks

nope never heard any noises and i am running my pc with the case open bc of the cpu fan failure. what could i do to test if its going bad?

Trying another HD is the best way to determine if the HD is the culprit. Also try unplugging all of your IDE devices except your boot drive. If Windows boots fine and there is no more probs, then it is another drive.

Your computer shouldn't just die, ever. I've still got some Pentium 1's that have been run almost daily for the last 12 years, and I've never replaced a single part.

Some of your problems sound like it could be spyware related maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom