dvi vs analog monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

humblejohn

Beta member
have dell 19" and i can't tell the difference between dvi and analog. is this because this is a giant ripoff or is this like the old
"stereo vs monaural" hustle that was used to sell more stereo sets?

Well, DVI (digital) and VGA (analog) definitely have a quality gap between them.

Im pretty sure that digital just gives you better response time by the graphics card, as well as it is on high quality machines to deliver more pixels at a similar or faster rate than VGA.

I am suprised that you do not see a quality discepancy or response time discrepancy between DVI and VGA on your dell 19 inch LCD.

Also, just as a a note, Stereo sounds better to me than mono sound :)

Is it a 19" Dell LCD or a flat screen CRT Trinitron?

I'm willing to bet it's the latter. If that IS the case, you won't see a difference on a CRT monitor. The DVI is more for LCD's. Better responce time, bla bla bla.

Hi

After reading a few reports about DVI vs analog it seems modern set ups have little to gain (if anything) from DVI these days. Although you would presume DVI to be superior (due to its all digital interface, not digital>analog>digital) it no longer holds true on some systems, I think it all boils down to the hardware in question and of course the human eye. DVI (in theory) should give better colour definitation and a more 'vibrant' sharper picture. If you have the DVI option use it anyway, as it will not be worse than analog but at least equal and maybe slightly better (hopefully).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom