DVD Playing Issues - Copyright???

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyFozzie

Beta member
I have a Pioneer DVR-A03. About a week and a year after I purchased it (of course, right after the warranty expired) an orange LED started blinking on the front and it wouldn't read anything. Up until this point, I had no problems burning and/or playing all types of DVDs.

I called Pioneer and they recommended reseating the drive. I figured it was probably hosed but I tried anyway, and to my surprise, the burner began reading again. The problem now, however, is that whenever I put an encrypted commercial DVD in there, all of my software DVD players (i.e. Windows Media Player 9, PowerDVD, InterActual) all tell me that there is an issue with either CSS, digital copyright protection, etc. These applications had no problems with these DVDs before, and I haven't uninstalled any software or decoders during this ordeal.

Going to Windows Help told me that maybe I don't have a DVD decoder installed, and it pointed me to 3rd party locations where I could purchase decoder packs. My issue is that I know I was able to play all of these DVDs before, so if it is a missing decoder, where is it now? And I surely don't want to purchase anything if at all possible.

Any ideas as to what is going on? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

You may want to check the country code to see if it has changed. Even though you reseated it and it does read it still maybe a hosed drive.

you don't need to buy a decoder. just download a trial of winDVD and install it, free decoders! i am thinking re-installing the operating system would fix it. it might not be hardware failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom