DVD burning problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spud5437

In Runtime
I am using NERO 6 and can make a DVD from files such as documents images and music. When I try to make a copy of a DVD it will only go as far as around 50 or 60% then it will display a message stating that he burning process failed due to a read error. It doesn’t seem to matter what kind of DVD im trying to make a copy even if its one I make from MP3’s it will never copy. I tried changing from ‘on the fly’ copying to making an ISO image first but still the same thing happens? I have no problem using Nero to make a copy of a CD. I have no idea what could be the problem unless my DVD reader, which is around 4 years old, isn’t up to the job. If anyone has any idea’s or suggestions about the problem that would be great.

Hrm, are you using Nero because it came with the computer or the software along with the drive ? I would use DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter, which can be found on a google search or maybe download.com. I would try that, they also have encryption crackers that can break those "non-readable" errors. Try that and post how it works.

Most likely your copying a rented/borrowed dvd. If so you cannot just copy as there is copy protection built in. Dvd shrink/dvd decrypter will help you out.

You either need to get a faster hard drive or slow down your burning speed. (happened to me before - got a faster HD and no problems)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom