Dual Xeon Processor vs. Amd 64

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dell XPS

In Runtime
which computer would be better and more reliable? A computer with dual xeon processor or a computer with amd 64. any way the bettom line is that i really wanted to know if the amd is as reliable as the intel chips or not.

Amd's are very reliable.

But if u wanna run a server go with dual xeon its the best for servers.

also, i was wondering if the dual xeon processor one would be good for gaming as well as a good system for years to come.

bah, no, amd is all about the gaming, intel is more for servers as stupid... lol... anyway as stupid pointed out.

apokalipse said:
I'd go with the Athlon 64 3400 or FX - the 3400 outperforms the FX in some areas so I'd reccomend it over the FX especially since it is like half the price

Ditto

Why a Xeon vs. AMD64 though??? Shouldn't it be Xeon vs. Opteron...... I don't understand why your comparing a server chip to a desktop chip:confused:

becuase gamers think that if you have a dualie their games will somehow run faster. if you want ultimate gaming go with the ones these guys are suggesting....and i'm with stupid too, hehe

as well as for gaming, i was also going to do some cad on it. what i was looking at was a workstation from dell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom