Dual Monitor Set-Up Help

Milan Miladinovic

Beta member
Hello

Is there a quick simple way of running two/dual monitors with the same computer? If so can someone please send me in the right direction on how to find this information and things needed to install it?

Thank you

Milan Miladinovic

Is this a desktop or a laptop? Most laptops I've worked with didn't support dual monitors without an external video card. The exception being business line laptops on docking stations.

For a desktop if you have the ports to connect a second monitor then you should be all set, otherwise worst case scenario you can get a $20 video card from newegg to get you a second port. Once both are plugged in, the second should just come on. In windows 8 the default (for me) has been to mirror the image on both screens. You can change this, and the side (left or right) that your new monitor is on by right clicking on your desktop and selecting the "screen resolution" option. You likely want to use the "extend these displays" option so both screens show something different. It will also allow you to drag and drop the displays around so if your second display is physically to the left of your main monitor you can change windows to match.

This link might also give you a hand if I wasn't overly clear:
Connect a second monitor or projector - Windows Help

Hello

Is there a quick simple way of running two/dual monitors with the same computer? If so can someone please send me in the right direction on how to find this information and things needed to install it?

Thank you

Milan Miladinovic

If this is a prebuilt then post up the make and model so we can look up the specs and direct you a bit better.

Is this a desktop or a laptop? Most laptops I've worked with didn't support dual monitors without an external video card. The exception being business line laptops on docking stations.

What? Pretty much every laptop I've ever encountered within the last 10 years+ has had dual monitor capability (Laptop display + 1 external monitor). Unless you mean 2 external displays?

Sorry, chose my words wrong, I meant two external monitors connected to the laptop.

Back
Top Bottom