dual monitor difficulties

Status
Not open for further replies.

confusedideal

Baseband Member
I am having difficulties setting up a dual monitor system. In my AGP slot I have an ATI Radeon 9200 and I have a nVidia GeForce 5200 in my PCI slot. For monitors, I have an old '97 Digital 17" PCXBV-FZ and a Viewsonic A90 19" (don't know model no. on it). I'm currently experiencing two problems. The first is that my primary monitor works fine, but my secondary monitor has the lowest resolution setting (below 800x600) and only has 16 colors. Now, my secondary monitor is the nVidia PCI card, which is still a good card, so it shouldn't be doing that, should it? My second problem is that when I go to the Settings tab in the Display properties window, I get an error saying that the current display driver is set for a previous version of Windows. Now, I've just installed the latest drivers for the cards for XP (which is obviously what I'm running). So, that being said, can anyone even start to help me?

Sounds strictly like a driver problem to me, that is why the second monitor has low resolution and color.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom