Doom 3 Spits in My Face

Status
Not open for further replies.

FadingTheory

I Rule You
Doom 3 is trying to kill me. I have loaded it twice into my computer, and both times it has failed. The install works perfectly, and all the options short of play work (Help, support, etc). But when I click on play, it sits for a minute or so, and then freezes. When I restart, and try running Doom, it just freezes at the first picture.

I have installed DirectX 9.b, have the drivers newer than Doom 3 (Video Card is a eVGA 6600GT with 12/20/04 drivers), and all system requirements are made. Doom 3 troubleshooting is no help.

I appreciate your help.

Specs:

AMD 64 3000+ (2.0 GHz, unoverclocked for stability untill I can get doom to work)
NVidia 6600GT (Not overclocked)
LanParty UT 250GB Motherboard
512 Corsair RAM
Windows XP

Again, I thank you in advance.

I had similar problems when i installed Doom 3.

You need to make sure ALL of your drivers are up to date, especially video and sound. Go to Nvidia' website, because I am sure there is a newer driver available. Once I updated my sound, everything worked fine. I also suggest you upgrade to DirectX 9.c

RC

Doom 3 says 9x.b... I'd asume thats all you need. My friends running a 5200 with age old drivers and it works on his... this is frustrating...

Anyone else have any ideas, or is everyone sure this is it?

EDIT

Does anyone have any suggestion as to what driver I should get for 6600GT? The beta link (newest one) says it has no data... suggestions?

forceware 71,54 i think it is, should be available for download at guru3d.com

I downloaded directx 9.c, and it said to reboot my system. I did... and nothing. Is it supposed to inform me when its done?

Either way... didnt work. Going to go for video driver now...

Okay, I put 71.84 driver in, put Direct x9.0c in, and rebooted my system. I still have the same problem. I uninstalled and am installing it again... If this dosnt work, I dont know what to do.

Either your PSU isn't strong enough for everything you're running especially since I see you have it overclocked, or your RAM isn't stable. You may say 'Well I've run memtest86+ with no errors and prime95'd it in blend mode (blend mode is the only way to test RAM with prime95) and it didn't error' well.....games are completely different. May be prime and memtest stable, doesn't mean it'll be game stable.

Either lower your HTT Link speed multiplier to 4 if it's at 5x stock or 3x if it's at 4x stock, or try lowering your AGP aperture so it won't call on so much RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom