does a widescreen LCD monitor exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spfd

Daemon Poster
im looking for a wide screen lcd monitor, im not even sure if it exists, when i say widescreen i mean
like a real widescreen, like a sony wega tv but 1. its not a tv, and 2. i dont want obviously as big as a sony wega.

Your best bet for a reasonably priced widescreen monitor would probably be the Samsung 172W. Viewsonic's VP2290b is also widescreen, but it's quite prohibitively expensive. It's also 22.2" with an optimal resolution of 3840x2400 :D

24 inch lcd is the biggest ive seen any thing bigger than that you need a plasma. The plasma are not that great quality yet. Lcd beats them by far and CRT beats LCD by far in quality. And of course you are not paying for quality you are paying for new technology. If you want amazing quality and a big screen i would go with a projector. the quality on projectors beats any thing you would see in a contained screen. You can easily make a cheap screen to use with your projector and you can get a nice projector for the price of a 20 or 21 inch LCD. Also if HDTV is in your area it easily double or triples the clarity of a good projector.

lol all i want is a lcd but a bit wide, not 24'inches!!

crt monitor suck! there like not straight, the monitor has like curving edges

if it is convexed, you can fix that in your monitor settings, you know? and im going to go with a projector for my pc, can you imagine playing warcraft on a 10' screen?! that would just be sweet

The answer on a WIDE screen is YES,,

I have seen monitors out that are sized 15x21

they are LCD and they are current with technology,,

Problem is they are something that I glanced at, however, Samsung seems to come to mind,,

sorry,, not much cop on that ,,

cheers,

sigh i wish i never bought my lcd last year
samsung 150s heh 666 canadian =p
15 inch only!!&!$)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom