Does Anyone Have...Stuff They Can Give

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadeth2

Daemon Poster
Does anyone have an Intel Socket 423 motherboard?
Does anyone have an Intel Socket 478 motherboard?
Does anyone have an AMD Socket A motherboard?
Does anyone have some SDRAM PC100/133?
Does anyone have some RDRAM PC600/800?
Does anyone have some DDR 200/266/333?

This is for TheMajor. I know I will get a lot of Intel/AMD processors that somewhat old, but he still wants a good performing processor. We would greatly appreciate it if you guys could mainly give a motherboard cause that is the most important thing he needs...

Thanks...

I have a 1.3Ghz AMD Duron Proccesor, First motherboard, and one stick of 512MB DDR (can't remember the speed at the moment but I do believe it falls into those speeds).

I am not entirely sure I can give these away however, as my uncle is looking for a computer to give to his sister in laws son for his birthday, and has asked me to build a modest system.

I also have an AMD Athlon 1200+ with another socket A motherboard and some memory lying around somewhere, I'll see if I can find it...

I got two socket a mobo's.

One is an ASUS but only has AGP 4x, other is a nice MSI KT6V

I can probably part with the ASUS board, but I don't particularly care to pay for the shipping =/

I know I don't have any spare RAM.

My friend has 2 sticks of 256mb and one stick of 128mb of PC133 though.

You planning on shipping this to the netherlands yourself megadeth?

Nubius, I like to help people. TheMajor has offered to pay for shipping for any parts I ship to him however I have told him shipping isn't necessary. I think he will pay shipping to everyone else who donates parts. I'll let him know what we have. I can get an Athlon Thunderbird Socket A 1400MHz is that good?

Nubius, I was checking the specs on that KT6V, it looks very nice. Can you donate that? If not, then I believe the ASUS will be fine too.

Nah theres no way I'm donating that KT6V, as much as I like major :p I plan on atleast attempting to sell it. Just got it back in April so it's not even that old yet.

But yeah I like to help too, I've already offered Major a computer once before lol back before I noticed his location was NETHERLANDS so there went that idea =P

Ehh well, that is ok...everyone loves to help people. What are the specs on the ASUS or what model is it?

the spare parts I have are:

64MB PC100 SDRAM - I think this might be faulty
128MB PC133 SDRAM
AMD Duron 400MHZ
56k modem
adaptec SCSI card (don't know if it's even 160)
120mm ADDA fan
80mm Zalman fan
Surfboard SB4100 cable modem (not sure if I can give it away, even though I'm using an SB5100)

Nubius, that is a great board. It is microATX and it has built in GeForce 2 graphics. That will be very nice.

My first question, for you Nubius, since you're the expert here on AMD is that can a Socket A Thunderbird oc to T-Bred levels or is it necessary to get a T-Bred? Secondly, what processor do you think I should get? I can choose from AXP, Ath. T-Bird, or Duron...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom