do you own an iBook?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fitzjj

Daemon Poster
I want an iBook, well kind of, i want a small, light, well priced (under £1000 or 1800USD) notebook that will run linux and windows. I cant find one, so think the next best thing will be an iBook...

Anyway the iBook at £700 looks good to me but there is one question i need answering before i splash out:

Is it possible to clone your MAC address on the wireless network card?

I assume the wireless NIC is built in and since it has no expansion slots i cant just buy a new wireless NIC because there would be nowhere to put it. So if someone could just have a play around in your settings and let me know it would be very much aprechiated.

thanks

Their's lots of small lightweight notebooks under 1800$ USD...

And an Ibook wont really run linux or windows...

DJ-CHRIS said:
Their's lots of small lightweight notebooks under 1800$ USD...

I'm well aware that it wont run windows or linux, but tiger looks good and is unix underneath. I'm thinking it might be better than running a dual boot system

Perhaps you could point me to a lightweight notebook for the price mentioned (preferably one available in the UK) and weighing in at 2Kg or under

That's really light, but toshiba and sony make notebooks that light.

Sony makes a 1kg laptop.

I did look at sony's and it does look nice, but retails at around £1400 over hear, as does IBM's X40. The toshiba porteage was replaced i believe, a shame since i would have liked the origional and it came with no optical drives or anything making it especially light. The replacement seems to be a bit beefier.

DJ-CHRIS said:
I think they can actually
Linux is a multiplatform OS
and there are emulators for Windows on Mac

I don't own one, but I do want one. I would stick to OS X on it though.

and what do you mean by clone the MAC address? do you mean copying the MAC address of another NIC and making the one in the ibook use it?
you cannot change the MAC address of any piece of hardware. you can spoof a MAC address, but that's only covering up what it really is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom