Do Floppy Drives create heat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raphael Argus

Daemon Poster
Probably an odd question, but I'm trying to reduce heat inside my case. I will be purchasing a couple extra fans and a new copper heat sink, but I also have a 3.5 FDD in my system that is pretty much never used. Do these things create any heat? If they do, she's coming out :) Or at least getting disconnected.

Well hell if you aren't using get rid of it. But no they don't generate squat for heat so I wouldn't worry about it unless you're an Obsessive Compulsive :p

Nah, I'm not Obsessive Compulsive :) I probably use the floppy 2-3 times a year and I should just pop the floppy data onto a CD anyway. I didn't think it would generate heat, but as of a month ago, I didn't think a hard disk did either. lol Thanks, Nubius.

Yeah HD's get pretty dern hot, that's why I think having the two instake on the front of my CPU is optimal, but the one on the side of the HD's needs to be exhaust and then that should circulate the HD heat completely out of the computer.

More fans...you know once you get rid of your floppy drive, you're going to need it =)

Can't hurt to keep it. Plus they're great for boot disks.

And no, the heat generated from a floppy drive is negligable. It won't hurt your system (heat wise) to keep and use the floppy drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom