dead computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unregistered

Solid State Member
Hi peeps
I need a bit of advice. Ijust moved house and tired to boot up my computer for the first time since the move, however it was completly dead.
Ive eliminated all the simple things like:
new power lead.
checked all internal connections
taken the front off and pressed the on button
power lead works with the monitor.

Is there anything else you can think of. is there an internal fuse?
could the the power pack be damaged from a simple move?

im confused and very frustrated.

any ideas

As stupid as this may sound, did you check the power outlet. Maybe no juice comes from the wall.

Try re-seating your memory and possibly your CPU. Sometimes, if handled too roughly they can get loose (I've seen it happen).

Plus, usually when you don't get any response when trying to boot the system there are four things that cause this: PSU (Power Supply Unit), Memory, Display Adaptor and CPU.

Something had to get knocked loose or maybe it was dropped? Did you move it yourself personally? Try removing the Mobo from the case to see if it will fire up as far as setting it on cardboard or something non-conductive. Any fans spin or leds on mobo lit? Strange if ya already checked all the internal connections. Ya can also try removing all the connections and re-inserting everything.

Killian, I love that Quote Dude!!

If you argue with an idiot he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

I had the same thing happen with a Dell.

We replaced everything in the computer with something new, then I finally bought a new power supply and it booted right up. I would check your power supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom