DeaD 2100+??? / Pricewatch Alternative?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alecjahn

Daemon Poster

Aparently I screwed my proc, cause it now refuses to do anything during boot - that is - everything spins up but no beeps (I have no memory at the time, so it should let out a series of long, annoying as hell, loud beeps.) Of course, nothing shows on the screen, but thats not to be expected. Anyways, the processor shows no physical evidence of a "blowout", as it is still in near perfect condition. (no scorch marks, core is still solid and not cracked, chipped, nothing melted, no burnt/bent pins...)

I ripped (not literally) my brother's 2500 out of his machine, and it booted fine in my machine.

As pissed as I am that i now have to buy even more stuff to get my computer running, I am mostly just baffled on why it just failed to turn on one day. No warning signs, no smoke, no screenwide "S.O.S." or anything of the sort. I just shut it down as normal, went to bed and the next day it was kaput.

Anyone have a clue what might have happened? I've never heard of a processor dieing in it's sleep, until now.

Since I now have to get a new processor, I, of course, have to get the best price possible, every dollar counts.
Are there any alternative websites to pricewatch.com, that showcase many company's items and prices?
NewEgg seems to be out of the question, because the lowest price for a replacement 2100+ on pricewatch is 53$, versus NewEgg's whopping 62$. When I bought my original 2100+ from NewEgg, it was 52$ and that was about a year or so ago... which makes me wonder why all the XP processor prices went up there. Would it have anything to do with the "new" AMD Sempron?

Hmmm. :beard:

the low price on pricewatch's list maybe refurbished.. and lots of other sites cost a lot more then newegg after shipping costs.

note- u shur its not your mobo, not your cpu that died?... my friend hada cheep mobo one time, that just did what your discribing.

Mobo listed below -

Like I said - sorta - I tested my brother's 2500 in my system (etc) and it worked fine.

Theyre brand new pieces - You can't do that much to refurbish a processor, and I'm sure they would state it if it was one (they seem to always do so.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom