damn shop

Status
Not open for further replies.

aj2003

Daemon Poster
right ive changed my order cos it was taking ages for the grahpics card to come into stock i was told me my local shop that they had come msi 6600gts comin in 2morro but now ive found out that they are gettin the 600 vtd diamond card instead. ive never heard of this one is it anywhere near as good as the gt? ive dun a search and could see any reviews so i dont know what to do. OR i could pay the extra 10-14ish pound and get the gigabyte 6600gt but im not sure which is better? any imput is very very appreciated. thanks

Never heard of the VTD diamond 600 (i think you mean 6600)

If it's not a GT, it basicly sucks. I would go with the extra for the gigabyte :)

>> ABIT is the best in the business.

>> MSI is not the greatest, but they have their share of features.

>> GIGABYTE is not bad, but not for the enthusiast.

>> ASUS makes the worst products money can buy.

aj2003 said:
but now ive found out that they are gettin the 600 vtd diamond card instead. ive never heard of this one is it anywhere near as good as the gt?

DIAMOND...... I would like to know who is using the name DIAMOND now.

Diamond was around back in 1999. They got taken over by S3, then talken over by another company called SonicBlue(???), then died in the @$$ all together.

The last time I saw a Diamond Video Card, RIVA TNT (Not M64 chipset) was video card where all the rage (No pun intendend)

Personally I would go off at your store for not supplying you the the brand that wanted. Like i work in a computer store too, and if I can not get a brand of card in, I am upfront and honest about it.
ME :- Sir, I am having a problem with getting the MSI card in, would you be interested in getting a ABIT/LEADTECH/GIGABYTE version of the same chipset as they are readily avalable.

I would not subsitute it for some yumchar band that know one heard of. I have not even heard of that chipset either.

SanToast said:
>> ABIT is the best in the business.
If they can change their choice of distributors down here, I would buy them.
(Haper gave his Altech Computer Rep and ear bashing yesturday during a customer "service" survay)

SanToast said:
>> MSI is not the greatest, but they have their share of features.
I actually like them. Good Features and Value for money. They actually put in a reasonable games pack with thier video cards. Last time I sold 2 of my freinds an MSI card, their was about AU$200 worth of games in their, and it was stuff that I would actually want to play.

SanToast said:
>> GIGABYTE is not bad, but not for the enthusiast.
They make good motherboard. I get Gigabyte VGA card if and when MSI or Leadtech are not avalable.

Which then brings me to ALBATRON... the sales line my rep uses "It's the same factory as Gigabyte...". I love it when they use that line because they are desperate to get you to buy their cards.
My Reply is "Yeah.... and LiteOn and Sony optical drives are put together in the same factory too. Same factory line, different production line, does not make it good."

SanToast said:
>> ASUS makes the worst products money can buy.
About 5 years ago, Asus used to be good. The problem is that they change company that do thier capasitors and since then i always seem to have problems with ASUS products. Especially their motherboards.

Personally I am a fan of LEADTEK products.

Asus makes the best 6600GT. Without any changes the Asus could get a 18% overclock with the same cooling. The Gigabyte is next. It got 15%. I'd go with the Gigabyte since its so much cheaper.

SanToast said:
Asus stinks. I can make better components out of lego.
Considering that I work in the RMA department at my company, all I can say is :-

I'll drink to that!!!!

I know for a fact that about 50% of the machines that I have put in the feild with a asus part in it had a poblem one way or another.

What are you guys talking about... Abit, MSI, and Asus make great hardware. Very great mobo's, and good video cards. Just because you had a problem with them, has nothing to do with the architecture of their products. Those 3 brands make the most money and sell the most hardware.

GIGABYTE, i think make good stock video cards. But for mobo's GIGABYTE is at there knees to the other 3.

Harper said:
I know for a fact that about 50% of the machines that I have put in the feild with a asus part in it had a poblem one way or another.

Same here man. Out of tons of Asus components, the only one that worked properly was a 52x CD-ROM that's like 3 years old.

Codeine said:
What are you guys talking about... Abit, MSI, and Asus make great hardware. Very great mobo's, and good video cards. Just because you had a problem with them, has nothing to do with the architecture of their products. Those 3 brands make the most money and sell the most hardware.

GIGABYTE, i think make good stock video cards. But for mobo's GIGABYTE is at there knees to the other 3.

Codeine,

You need more experience with these brands because anyone who says Asus is a great manufacturer needs to have their brain diagnosed for stability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom