Status
Not open for further replies.

Oddsk8er

Baseband Member
Ok, I just got this computer almost a month ago:

Intel P4 2.8c
ASUS P4P800-SE
PowerColor ATI X800 Pro
<<<<<<<<OCZ Enhanced Latency Series Platinum Edition 184 Pin 1GB(512MBx2) DDR PC-3200 - Retail
Model# OCZ4001024ELDCPE-K>>>>>>>> (I suspect it is memory...)
Western Digital 7200 RPM 60 gb
Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro

Now, here is the problem:

Sometimes my computer will crash whenever a program executes something, or if i close or open a program, or do something with a program where the screen has to change (doubt it is a video problem tho, but that is what i have observed)

Also, some programs (My games are the only programs I have experienced this with) give me errors because a certain file is "corrupted" or altered and the game crashes (or i get kicked out by punk buster). But after a restart I don't get that (unless of course it is one of those random times it decides to mess up).

I have tried memtest86, but I have NO IDEA what is a bad error and what is not. I had it run thru all the tests and I've got a build up of an ungodly 31424 or so errors. I don't know if it is accurate because I had it running on Default Testing and i went to sleep. I woke up after the test was running for about 3 hours and 30 minutes, then I decided to check the configuration and changed the testing to all tests.

PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, I don't think this is hardware but my windows xp is acting very oddly. Some programs I cannot install because a so called "data1.cab" is corrupted and cannot continue to extract to install the program. My WinXP cd is fine, I have installed without a hitch, but I keep getting this problem. I have had an occasion where a program would not install, but after a restart it would work. But most of the time, whatever program will not install because of a data1.cab it will never install, no matter how many attempts/restarts.

Well I have a 500 watt PSU at
Power Output:
DC Output 3.3V 5V 12V -5V -12V +5Vsb
Current Out 28A 30A 34A 0.3A 0.8A 2.0A

respectively.

I'll try pulling out one of the sticks later tonight and post back with what i get.

I ran memtest again and isolated the bad stick. with the bad stick on memtest, i get 756 errors in one pass of all 12 tests. and Badram: 0x08002ddc, 0x08002ddc.

RMA time...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom