cpu's really hot

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxkrnxstylezxx

In Runtime
so im playing need for speed and it starts lagging....so i go to the asus probe watcher thing and it says my PCU is 57(C) degrees....i think thats pretty hot because normally its around 40....and the case was 98(F) degrees....i have 2 fans on the case...1 on the side and 1 on the top, both are exhaust....so i thought id try to switch the side fan to blow air into the cpu....then i open up the case and i feel the cpu fan....it feels like the fan isnt working, i can bareelly feel the air coming out of it...is this normal? in the Asus probe it says the cpu fan is going 2700 RPM....and switching the fan didnt really help either....so now i have the side of the case open and the case is 99(F) degrees and the cpu is 54.....i havent checked my cpu temp before when i was playing games......so i dunno what it was like before....and lately my computer has been acting slow and laggy for some reason...could this be it?? should i get 2 extra case fans?? or a new cpu fan?? or somehow the power supply? im still using the crappy powersupply that came with the xdreamer case($55)...someone help please! thx

i have a 2.8c ghz P4 HT....1 gig of ram...radeon 9600...seagate 120 gb hdd....asus p4c800e-deluxue motherboard(something like this)....

what kinda specs? i bought the retail 2.8 GHZ P4 HT and used the fan that came with it...and i can barely feel the air coming out of the fan.....what would be a good choice for a new cpu fan?? i need something fairly cheap but still efficient....

cant really feel air coming out of the fan, are you in a really hot room?

no matter if you have a volcano 20000000 in there, if your room is very hot it still be blowing hot air into the cpu..

make sure your case has good air flow, in and out.. and also, did you apply artic silver on your fan/cpu?

42 is fine.. even 50c is fine when under heavy load.. my cpu is 40-42c idle and 45-48 on heavy load with stock heatsink/fan..

First off, I have the same thing you got and it never got that hot. Make sure that the thermal pad that came with the fan is well seated, as well as the heat sink. Better yet, get some arctic silver 5 and apply it between heatsink and CPU. Do a thread search about the product and you'll learn all you need to know about it. You can find more info by ggogling Arctic Silver 5

ok i cleaned out my case(there was alot of dust trapped in the heatsink)...and tested again....so while i was web browsing....my case was 95(F), cpu was 38( C), MB was about 32, and my core speed was maybe 2798.8 MHz....after about 25 min of playing the game, my case is 104(F), cpu is 52( C), MB is 41( C), but the core speed stayed about the same (2798.6 MHz)

cleaning the computer helped alot....should i be comfortable at these temperatures? it went down significantly.... or should i buy arctic silver 5($5 for 3.5 gram) or maybe another case fan? and im worried my PSU might blow up my computer because im still using the crappy one that came with the case...

and its pretty hot in my room too

get the artic silver 5..

52c cpu temp is fine, dont worry about it.. in the summer your cpu is bound to reach high(er) temperatures unless you keep the AC on 24/7.. 52c is fine, with AS5 it will lower even more.. maybe 3-4c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom