CPU Usage And Crashing, svchost.exe sucking up CPU Usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bahamut

Baseband Member
Ok, so recently my desktop (a very NICE desktop) has been crashing and such. Even when I'm not in Maya or Photoshop, I see in the task manager the usage jumping around like crazy. I've noticed that svchost.exe sucks 100,000% or more of my usage and I can't load Counter Strike Source anymore without it crashing to the desktop or forcing me to restart my PC because of a blank screen. I've tried many programs that may help it like Process Tamer, Registry Cleaners, FreeRAMXP Pro and others, but the problem remains. This started happening just recently so....

Anyway, WTF!!? How do I alleviate this b/s??

i'm having the same problem
went into the command prompt, did "tasklist /svc", checked all the services it was using, msconfig startup, disabled automatic updates, etc
no luck as yet :(

I havent had the error come up for about a week now and I've been playing games where it usually crashes, but my CPU usage is normal and no blue screens indicating IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL yet. I know it'll come back sooner or later. I took MANY steps on numerous forums to remedy it, and it didnt work. Seems like the error message and the CPU clogger is taking an unusual break.

I'll report back if anything comes up (which it will, cause it's Windows)

IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_EQUAL can also very well be that the IRQ for your NIC isn't set high enough. To check this right click on My Computer, choose properties, click on the Hardware tab, and click on Device Manager. In Device Manager click View and choose "View Resources by Type." Under Interupt Requests, expand that, you should see your NIC somewhere. Right click on your NIC and choose properties and then click on the resources tab, if there's a major problem windows will say whether or not there is a conflict with another device. If windows reports that there is a conflict change the IRQ level to a higher value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom