CPU temps at 100% load

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leatherface

Baseband Member
Hi guys!

so i have finally got my build up and running! and ive been running Prime95 to stress the system! and been using Core Temp and System Fan (i think that what its called! ugh! i forget!).

These are the temps that i get!

2009-06-01212141.jpg

2009-06-01212154.jpg

like....im not getting it.....so i closed everything down...and then i went into the bios and im running at like 50c? so i dunno guys?

Sorry about the picture size! i didnt realise it would come out so big!

Are you using the stock heatsink? The stock heatsink comes with thermal paste pre-applied. Did you happen to smear it or clean it off by mistake? Is the fan running? If your using an aftermarket heatsink did you use thermal paste? Is the fan blowing in the proper direction? What heatsink is it?

Are you using the stock heatsink? The stock heatsink comes with thermal paste pre-applied. Did you happen to smear it or clean it off by mistake? Is the fan running? If your using an aftermarket heatsink did you use thermal paste? Is the fan blowing in the proper direction? What heatsink is it?

Nopes im using the TRUE 120! and ya i used AS5.

when i turn it on before running Prime my temps are at 37c!

i was just wondering why the cores are so hot? and the temp1 is like at 47?

Your idling at 37dC and in the low 70's at load and your at stock speeds with Turbo mode enabled? AS5 isn't the best thermal paste anymore and your temps are likely a few degrees high because of that. Your temps are high for a True at stock speeds. I would lap the true, the base is probably rounded slightly (I've never seen one that wasn't). Lapping should put you in the low 30's at idle and the low 60's at load.

yea the turbo is enabled! should i disable it? but i dont see how that would decrease the temps.... it only reaches those temps when its been running for a good 45mins! testing on the second option in Prime! the one that says something about maximum heat?

what is lapping? am i right in thinking that it is sanding the base down slightly? so there is more of the heatsink in contact with the cpu?

yea the turbo is enabled! should i disable it? but i dont see how that would decrease the temps.... it only reaches those temps when its been running for a good 45mins! testing on the second option in Prime! the one that says something about maximum heat?

what is lapping? am i right in thinking that it is sanding the base down slightly? so there is more of the heatsink in contact with the cpu?

You should be okay with Turbo mode enabled for now. It's not like your Prime testing it all the time. However, I wouldn't try overclocking it anymore until you lap it. And yes, lapping it means sanding it down to make the base flat so that you have a larger contact area.

Hefe has a good lapping guide linked for you in the post above :D

Until you have time to lap you can turn down the vcore.

You should only need 1.1 to 1.15 to run at stock and that will help with the temps.

make sure and test stability with prime.

These do run hot. temps around 70C should not worry you with the i7.
But you are running too hot.
Try with the case open to see if that helps as you may need some more case fans.

Do you have a pic of your true mount. a remount may be in order as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom