cpu temp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive recently downloaded a program called motherboard monitor that monitors the temperature of youre computer. It supports well over 1000 motherboards so it should be compatible with your system.
http://mbm.livewiredev.com/ try the link and download it, you should like it.

iam using an intel D915GAG and thanks iam gonna try that ;), oops it doesnt support my mobo buth thanks anyways

I have a question. How do you check your temps under stress at the same time?

i have motherbourd montior5 on a supported bourd... i enabled MBM5's On Screen Display of Temps, so temp readings are always ontop in the upper screen corner, then i just started Doom3 and watched temps.

also get Prime95 (its free) google it. and then you can run its torture test, witch full loads your CPU. and then use any Temp monitor u wont.

Note- i noticed Prime95 made my cpu run 2c hotter then it ever got running Doom. Even though Taskmanager shows 100% cpu usage when im running Doom. Prime95 must stress it even more. choose the test in prime that says 'maximum heat'

EDIT: or if your bourd supports MBM5 you dont even need to enable OSD, after running stressful programs you can just go to MBM5/settings/High-Low log

thanks guys, i downloaded everest and it showed that my cpu is running at 47º whn my cpu is around 0%-10% usage, do u guys think thats bad?.. anyways i was thinking of changing my stock fan and heatsink and get a good one

You should check the temperature under load for a more meaningful result. It should stay below 60C.

u should also check your bios cpu temp readings to see if thy mactch up with Everest. if thy do not, everest may not be reading the correct sensor.

also post an estamate of what your room temperatur is like, cause CPU temp changes with room temp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom